Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Stupid Stupid Stupid....

I swear I don't think I can do anything else to embarrass myself at work!! Yesterday, marked the 2nd most embarrassing thing I have done while being employed by Davidson Water!!

The first embarrassing thing happened just 2 weeks after starting working here. Work does a Red Cross Blood Drive twice a year and this was my 1st time giving. I was excited to do this, even though I hate needles!! So, I get back there for my appointment and everything starts out great and then I look at the blood being pumped from my arm and that was the end of me...I passed flat out!! When I finally came to, they sat me up and guess what I did next?? I threw up everywhere........Think that isn't too bad.......Every guy in Maintenance was back there and I even threw up a little on one of the guys!
~But with this embarrassing moment came my wonderful hubby! Kyle wanted to come and see who the "new girl that threw up" was....so we met because of this moment!! ( I am still being picked on about this everytime the blood drive comes around)

The second embarrassing thing happened yesterday. I was leaving work and Kyle's best friend was standing in the doorway unplugging a fan. I was going to be mean and hit the back of his legs, as I raised my foot (barely off the ground), the mat slid and took me down! Flat on my back!! I hit my head on the cement floor, knocked my elbow hard into the cement and hit my tailbone! I don't think I blacked out but everything got fuzzy for a minute and then Jon (the bff) helped me up. I was laughing (trying not to bust out in tears) so everyone thought I was okay. As I am walking to my car, I was holding my elbow because it was throbbing, I then move my hand to get my keys and there is blood everywhere. I looked and I had been dripping blood all the way outside. So, one of the guys help me back inside, helped me wash my arm and then put a band aid on it.
By the time I got home, I was again dripping blood! Kyle helped clean me up and saw that there was a very large gash in my elbow (says I need stitches). I have my elbow wrapped now but it is still bleeding and my back is black and blue (and very sore) and I have a big knot on my head!!

If one more embarrassing moment happens here....I will have to quit, because I can't take much more laughing!!

~But with each of these moments....my friends were actually laughing with me not at me!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

So have you gotten your stitches yet? I can't imagine how stitches in your elbow would feel. Bless your heart for falling, but at least you had people there to help you up!

KyleAmandaLogan said...

No, I am not getting any stitches! It will heal....sometime :)