Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Nothing better than family....

I always find it fun to share some laughs with my family. Oh boy, did we share them last night...a lot!! I am not sure if it was from all the gassy foods we ate or if it was from the "de"caffeinated tea we all had or if it was from the goofy games we played or maybe it was because we let the kids stay up past 10!! No matter what made us laugh...it was great to pass the time away laughing at each other.

Mom had invited us all over for supper and it was all my favorites. Honestly, I think I am the only one that cares for this food except for my dad. The menu consisted of Pinto Beans, Cabbage, Cole Slaw, Squash Casserole, and Chicken 'n Dumplins (that was everyone's favorite). It was a great meal, Mom...thank you!

Several months ago, my parent's neighbor's house caught on fire. They had been saying they were going to bulldoze it all but we never knew when. Well, last night was the night. We stood outside and watched with the other neighbors as his house fell to the ground. It was a very sad time...I have known them my whole life and I hated this for him, but it was very interesting to watch.

Later Kyle, Emma, Christy and I sat down to play Scrabble. Emma had never played but she has been asking me to bring it so we can play. Mom sat down to help Emma, Dad decided to sit between Christy and I and help us. I can honestly say, I don't remember my dad ever playing a board game with us...so this was exciting for me! Once the game was over (and Christy won) we moved to another game.

We decided to play Wheel of Fortune (old school)!! This game was hilarious! I was Vanna...Mom was "Hannah". Hannah was in charge of marking each letter off the board. Vanna was in charge of flipping through the booklet to see what letters played and at what numbered space. Vanna was also the banker (who had to make change when people bought vowels)! This game was from 1986 so of course Logan and Emma didn't recognize the names and titles of some things (honestly, neither did I)! But everyone still had fun!!

**The funniest thing of the night was when the puzzle was close to being solved. Kyle guessed a "B", when I flipped the "b"'s down, he knew the puzzle but wanted to guess one more letter. He then guessed a "C".....I had to say sorry there is no "C"'s. He was so mad...He knew the puzzle, he meant to say "Q"!! It was Barbershop Quartet.** His face was priceless!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sounds like a fun family night!