Monday, August 9, 2010

Coupons 101....

I do believe my sister is high on the thrill of cutting coupons! She attended a coupon class on Thursday night and by Friday afternoon she had already begun to save! She has always cut coupons but not to this degree. After our "surprise" dinner for Kyle, she talked my mom and me into going to Harris Teeter for some savings.

She told us that she could hardly sleep on Thursday night because she was so excited. Excited to put all that coupon knowledge to work! She was trying to decided what color tabs would be used for what department...and so on! I know, she's a nut!

So, Friday night we three girls headed to Harris Teeter for a shopping spree. When we first get there, me and mom had to fill out our info so we could get a VIC card!! Whoo-hoo!! Once that was completed, it was on to saving!

I found the whole process confusing but I still had fun shopping and watching mom and Christy save save save!! Here is the picture of our shopping cart:



I ended up spending $14 and I got 5 boxes of cereal and 5 boxes of pop tarts!! Then they gave me $10 in Harris Teeter dollars....so I spent that on 2 boxes of Puffs (Logan needs that for school), 24 rolls of Charmin Toilet Paper and Sweet Sixteen white donuts....All for $2.47!! I loved the savings but I just don't know if I have time (or patience) to cut coupons and then remember to use them!!

~But I had a great time shopping!!~

2 comments:

Andrea said...

sounds like a mops meeting!! heather has tried to help me with couponing, but i don't get it either. i try as much as i can though. my problem, i think is, i don't go to harris teeter...it's too far away for me...i would rather save on gas. i'm hoping food lion will go to double coupons!!

Kimberly said...

I'm with you Andrea....without a Harris Teeter close by, it's not worth it to me. The few times I've actually gone there to cash in on their Super Doubles or Triples, they were OUT of what I wanted. So I wasted gas and time and came home empty handed. Ugh.

I do clip coupons every chance I get and I do manage to save a good bit of money each time I shop. I do stop and compare brands. If I can still get the store brand cheaper, I will buy that instead.

I want FL to go to doubles too.