Tuesday, June 29, 2010

And the old gets hurt!!

As I wrote in an earlier post, we have joined a Kickball League at our church. I was so excited when I heard the announcement about this league. Now granted, I have not attempted to play Kickball since 4th grade but I figured I would still be able to handle it.

We missed the 1st game because we had tickets to the Winston Salem Dash baseball game. But we heard that our team blew the other team away!! When we got to the 2nd game, I heard some people talking about the rules. I thought to myself, "WHAT, there is rules for kickball!?!" So, of course I had to have someone explain the rules to me. The rules are basically just like baseball...you have fouls, strikes and balls. Pretty simple!

Our team consists of people from our Sunday School Class. People complain because they say our team has no one over the age of 30 on the team...which isn't true (Kyle is over 30 and so are others). Our 1st game was so much fun. I did rather well, considering I haven't ran in....I don't know how long! We won 9-0!!

Our 2nd game was this past weekend. Logan was able to go this week. He really wanted to play but knew that he couldn't. Lucky for him though, they didn't have enough people for every position so he got to play as their catcher.

This game was pitiful....It seemed like every single person on the other team was holding some part of their body throughout this game. Every time someone made it to first base, they had to call for someone else to run for them...it was pitiful, but hilarious!! Logan was laughing so hard!! Our team was telling them all, that they should have stretched before running like that!!! Although that team was falling apart, we did have one on our team that pulled a leg muscle!

We didn't even get to finish the game because they had no more "movable" players!! We did actually win though. The score was 7-1!

Logan called mom and dad that night to tell them about the game. Mom couldn't understand anything he was saying because he was laughing so hard!!! It was a funny, but good game!!

~GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP BRAVES!!~

4 comments:

Kim said...

Notice I am not playing on behalf of our Sunday School Class but then again I am over 30 and then some! We'll just use that as the excuse as to why I am not playing but I am not hurt either :)

Heather said...

our team consists of over 30, for the most part. And we haven't won yet, but we have the BEST time.
we were at the lake this past weekend, so I haven't played in two weeks, but I'll show you the bruise I still have on my leg next time I see you. Its the size of mt head. I couldn't walk to the van that night to go home I was so sore and hurt.

KyleAmandaLogan said...

Haha Heather!! I do have a great time too!! I love to play!! You will get to rest this week...no game! We will still be out of town on the 9th but I think my dad is going to play for us!!

Angie Tullock said...

If I played, they would take me out on stretcher! The mind would love to play, it's the body that will not cooperate:)