Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Amazing Weekend

FRIDAY:
Friday was Logan's last day of school. He has been counting down the days for a while now. He was so ready to get out of school! He sure is going to Miss Nease but he was ready for a break! Friday was his Award's Day and Kyle and I both had decided to take the whole day off. Friday started out great because Kyle let me sleep in as he took Logan to school. I am very proud of Logan's grades this year. He did wonderful...He loved each class this year. He didn't get A/B Honor Roll because his grades kept jumping around when it came to Writing...He did wonderful in everything else. And, he did receive 3 trophies for Soccer this year. He was awarded MVP for the Light Blue Jets and 2 championship trophies for Blue Jets and Red Rockets. ~Logan, we are very proud of you!! You have accomplished alot this year and you have made us very proud!~
SATURDAY:
Saturday, was a "surprise day" for Kyle and Logan. They had no idea what I had planned. They knew I was taking them somewhere that they had never heard of and I was pretty sure we didn't know anyone that has been there. This had them stumped :)! I took them to Tiger World. It's in Rockwell, NC and it was really neat. Logan loves stuff like this. They had Tigers, Lions, White Tigers, Black Bears, Monkeys, Peacocks, Snakes, Ligers, Timber Wolves, Panthers...etc! It was an amazing place! I believe that it is just getting started because they were fixing it up, so if you go, don't go thinking it is going to look like the zoo because it will be a let-down for you, but I would suggest going. Logan loved that the one of the Monkeys copied everything that he would do. He has a very funny story to tell too...So you will have to ask him about "his mom's new boyfriend!"...he loves telling the story!

Tiger World was only about 20 mins from Concord Mills so I had planned to take them next to Nascar Speed Park. Logan has never gotten to drive a Go Kart himself, so I was very happy that he was tall enough this time. Logan cracked me up driving those cars...He is NOT ready to drive a real car!! He kept cutting people off and making them wreck...Afterwards, he said "Dad, it was a race and I did drive like a Nascar driver so that's why I won!" Logan did beat his dad!! That made his day!!

We then just came home and spent the rest of the day together!!

MONDAY:
Kyle and I had this day off as well for Memorial Day. We had decided together that it was going to be a lazy day! Lazy Day was supposed to consist of playing outside, riding bikes, playing in the sprinkler...etc, but instead it RAINED! What a bummer to see the beautiful weekend end with rain, but we were able to spend it together and we still had a wonderful time!! We did finish the night with milkshakes from Kernel Kustards and a little Wii baseball!
God has truly blessed me with a wonderful family who enjoys each other!!

No comments: