Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Wind"sday.....

What a COLD and WINDY day!!! I wish I could have just stayed home in my warm pj's, but instead, I am here at work with a big blanket wrapped around my legs and feet! I am so ready for Spring!

I am so excited for today. I had decided several weeks ago to go and get my cheeks swabbed so I would be able to be a Bone Marrow donor. I have heard about this and wondered about this for a while, but about 1 month ago, I received an email on Facebook concerning a young guy (probably about my age) from right here in Welcome who is battling Plasma Cytoma--which is cancer of the plasma cells. North Davidson is having a Bone Marrow Drive for him today and I am going to get tested in hopes that I can help him or one day help someone else. Kyle is also going so hopefully, one of us will be a "Blessing" to someone one day. I am really terrified because what if I am a perfect match?? But I know that God will help me through it and I could be giving life to someone who without my help, could die. That is my reason for doing this today!

On another note...My Duke Blue Devils plays the Tarheels tonight!! I am so hoping that my Devils show up and the Tarheels will carry on with their wonderful streak!! I hope that it's a good game though, I do hope for some real ball playing and not just a "hand it to me" game!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a wonderful thing to do! Signing up to be a blood donor is a very honorable thing to do, but I can understand the "what if I match" thing. I've heard it can be a painful procedure to donate bone marrow (but hopefully I've heard wrong!) And who knows...maybe you will be a match for someone, somewhere! And, if God brought it on your heart to do this, and you do turn out to be a match one day, God will supply you with the peace and strength you would need.

As for the Duke stuff, well, it would be against my code as a Tiger fan to encourage you to win....but if you do, that always gives us the hope that we can win too. :-)

Kim said...

Wow! That is awesome that you are being tested to be a bone marrow donor. What courage and compassion.

As far as the rest of your post:
BOO, HISS!!!!! :)

KyleAmandaLogan said...

You may say BOO HISS but I say WAY TO GO!!!!