Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How can I fit 1 year into 1 entry??

I know, I am a slacker and I apologize.

The year 2009 was pretty great...Can't find any one thing to complain about. As you all know, my last post showed my new precious "nephew" born to my best friend, Joy. That bundle of joy is almost walking now...I am so slack :). My other friends, Magnum and Ashley has had a beautiful baby girl, Bella Grace. She is now 5 months old and so beautiful (I will enclose pictures). My other dear friend, Michelle (from high school) found out she was pregnant and is due in just a couple days with a baby girl, Riley Brooke. I am still hoping and praying for another bundle of joy of my own!! But I know, All in God's Timing!

This past year was full of wonderful vacation trips as well. First trip was just us girls...we went to Charleston, SC for a mini-getaway and we saw Casting Crowns in concert. I have way to much fun going off with mom and Christy and this time we corrupted Sharon (Scott's mom)!!
Next trip was a weekend trip to Kure Beach for my dear friend's wedding. Staci and Jarrett got married out on the beach. We had a great time there. We toured Wilmington and we fell in love with it. All three of us wanted to pack up and move!! Loved it so much that we went back down for the weekend in August for Kyle's birthday. In July, Kyle and I celebrated our 6th anniversary! He took me to the Biltmore House and to the Linville Caverns. We had a great day together...Logan loved the big house!
Kyle and I decided not to give each other anything for Christmas and instead we took a weekend trip to Gatlinburg. It was a beautiful trip...Snowed the whole time! Loved just spending time together. I can honestly say, the best experience ever was riding the chair lift to the top of the mountain while beautiful snow fell down...It was an amazing sight!
Our next trip was our BIG vacation....All 9 of us went to Disney World the week before Christmas. We all had such a wonderful time. It was so cold down there...North Carolina was getting a snow storm and we were just getting the cold. But besides the cold and crowds, it was by far the best Disney trip! I am still working on uploading my pictures. Hopefully those will be up soon.

We also had a wonderful Christmas together with our families. I promise to keep up with this blog better!!

Bella Grace Barnette

Anniversary Trip



Battleship NC - Wilmington

Wilmington

Wilmington

Disney World

Gatlinburg

Staci and I at her wedding

Disney World---NC is getting snow and we are swimming!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

So glad to see you are back to blogging. I remember asking you back in the summer when were you going to update the blog and your exact words were "When I have something to write about." Ahem. I think you've had a lot to write about! Ha.

Most of those trips I saw the pics on facebook, but it was neat to re-live your past year. Looking forward to your next update in 2011. Just kidding! :-)

KyleAmandaLogan said...

Haha....

Diane Teague said...

Great pictures and great blog. Thanks for all the info. I had no idea you were trying to have a baby. I will be praying for you. You are great parents.

Angie Tullock said...

Great blog and love catching up with your past year. We have missed you. I've not done too much better myself at keeping up:) Oh well, we just keep trying, don't we?