Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Back by poplar demand....

It's Family Night!!

We had set aside Tuesday's as family night about a year ago. We would do whatever Logan wanted, whether it be playing cards, board games, Wii or watching a movie. We would order Dusina's and just enjoy the night together without fussing or fighting! Family night kinda faded away during the summer months and then it was hard to pick back up because something always came up. Well, last week Logan asked if we could PLEASE (said with puppy dog eyes & pouty lips) if we could start it back up this Tuesday. Of course, I couldn't say no to that pitiful look!

Well, last week we got the notification that Spring Soccer started on Tuesday. Logan was a little disappointed because Family night would begin later than normal but I promised that we would still do it. Last night after practice I ordered our usual from Dusina's. We watched Nick while we ate and then Kyle and Logan played some Foosball...I believe they each won a game. Then we played Army men...What fun that was :). We finished the night playing Mother's Helper. Probably most of you have no clue what this is....It's a game from 1969 and it's so much fun. I remembered playing that game growing up, usually with the kids mom would keep. Well, the other day I went into the top of mom's closet to look for it and I was so happy when I found it. I figured Logan wouldn't like it though because it is a very old game. Boy, was I wrong...he LOVES it! He wants to play it over and over. So needless to say, we played that several times last night and each time...He is the ultimate Mother's Helper! (If only that was real).
I am so happy that Family Night is back!! GOOD JOB LOGAN for bringing it back!!

~Has anyone ever played this?~

3 comments:

Diane Teague said...

Yeah for the return of Family Night. If Logan gets really good at the game maybe you can make a life game out of it then he will be helping you.

We have an old game. It is called the McDonald's game. I had hunted and hunted for it because ours is long gone. We finally found it. It is a lot of fun. You have to fill orders at McDonald's. That was when they only had fish sandwiches, hamburgers and cheese burgers, hot apple pies and drinks and shakes. It really is a lot of fun. You will have to borrow it and play sometime.

KyleAmandaLogan said...

Oh yes, we will have to borrow that!! He would LOVE that!! Not only because it's McDonalds but because I am sure he can beat us!!

Good idea about making a life game out of it!!

Kim said...

Wonderful to have family game night! I remember fondly the McDonald's game from my childhood and was so thrilled when Mom found one for us on Ebay.

Logan will always remember these moments.