Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Battle of the Blues...

I am grinning from ear to ear today!! I am so proud to be a follower of the Dark Blue!! What an awesome game that was..."The Battle of the Blues" turned into the "Fourth Loss in a row for the ugly light blues!" I was so happy...just a wee bit nervous seeing as the lead kept flip flopping around, but in the end, I was pumped!! I am glad that UNC showed up, because it was a great game!

I loved watching Logan watch the game. This year he has become so Sport's Minded that he honestly cracks us up. I am usually the one standing up the whole time and yelling at the tv but not this game! He kept yelling for them to pass the ball to Smith...He will sink the 3!! And then he turns to us and says, "What is up with these foul shots? Neither team can make them. Which is good for us but come on!!" I think I was the proudest at that moment :)!! And boy, was he YELLING at the tv every time a foul was called or wasn't called!! Finally, he is taking after me with something!! ~He even asked last night if a "Koonts" has ever played for Duke, because he wants to be the 1st!!~

Last night was also a good night because I took a step forward in hopes to one day save someone's life. Kyle and I went to get our cheeks swabbed....We are now in the National Database for Bone Marrow Donors. I am very excited. I have gotten over my fear about "what if I am the perfect match", because I know that God will bring me rest and peace at that time. Wouldn't it be wonderful to know that you saved someone's life?!? I mean, I am an organ donor but when that time comes, I will have no idea who all I saved but this way, I can!! Makes you feel all giddy inside!

~Take the time to go to this website: PrayersforPaul.org (this is the young man we took the step for)

"...there are three things we should all do everyday. We should do this everyday of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh everyday. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."

Jim Valvano

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

The teacher in the room next to me (my work "mom") is a big Duke fan. She told me that she thought it was funny that on the night they retired Hansborough's jersey, and with him in the audience, they lost to Duke!

Looks like Clemson won't get another chance to play UNC though...unless it's the ACC tourney. Oh Well.

KyleAmandaLogan said...

I thought it was rather FUNNY myself!! Hopefully it will be in the ACC and hopefully you guys will blow them away :)

Diane Teague said...

Sorry God made the sky ugly blue but wait I think He makes no mistakes. LOL.

Great job on the bone marrow registry. Thanks for reminding us of the important things each day. I think I have the crying one covered for sure most days.