Monday, February 15, 2010

But the greatest of these is LOVE~

I was looking so forward to a wonderful weekend, not only because it was Valentine's Day but because my little man was going to be home. But 2 things had to happen this weekend to make it just a little depressing....1) SNOW 2) SICKNESS!!
But even with sickness we still enjoyed our day together and we still had Logan's pick for lunch...Captain Steven's (brought home).

Logan was asked by Nana (my mom) to spend the night on Friday. My dad was working so it was just the two of them. Logan picked to eat at McDonald's (no surprise there) and then they went back to mom's for games and movies.
Kyle and I went to Panera Bread and Starbucks. Logan hates both and I hate McDonald's so this worked out perfectly for the both of us :). As I am walking out the door at Panera Bread, I find snow falling and falling fast! I usually love snow but I have honestly had enough of this white stuff! I am tired of wearing jackets, I am tired of wearing 3 pairs of socks (I am not a fan of socks anyways), and I am just tired of being cold!! I just want to wear my FLIP FLOPS!! And why, does it have to do it on the weekends?!? All I want is to go shopping or just mess around on Saturdays but with this weather, it's so hard to do anything. But I will admit, it was very pretty coming down and I was happy that it was gone by noon on Saturday!!

Saturday was a pretty peaceful day. I was sick and up most of the night Friday night so my dear husband cleaned the house for me on Saturday. We had friends that was coming over to celebrate Valentine's with us. Logan made 5 personal pizzas and then we played games and just spent time together. We are so blessed to have wonderful friends!! Later that night, the sickness hit our friends and also Logan. So the game night was cut short.

Valentine's Day fell on Sunday this year. I missed not being a church but Logan was running a fever Sunday morning and was still feeling yucky. So, Kyle went on to church and then stopped by and got our Valentine dinner! That afternoon was spent relaxing...watching tv and taking some naps! Kyle then got the sickness in the afternoon so all of us stayed home last night from church. Luckily, we all feel 100% better today.

~No matter the day, or the circumstances....I love spending time with my family. The family that God gave me. I am so blessed and so happy! Thank you Lord for giving me love and for letting me be loved!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Glad to see you are back. Now I will check it often. I love the pictures. I wish I was jumping on the bed today.

KyleAmandaLogan said...

Me too!! Good times together is the moments I cherish!