Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My brother from another mother.....

This is Logan's new saying! Saturday night at the Casting Crowns concert they were doing a presentation about World Vision. I have a big heart when it comes to Orphans and children from other countries. If I could adopt every child, I would and if I could visit every country, I would. I have a very tender heart. I was privileged to get the chance to travel to Poland and Czech Republic when I was 15. There I was able to visit orphanages and just spend time with children in the schools there. God lays those images on my heart and mind alot.

Anyways, Kyle and I decided to pick a child to start supporting. We tried to pick a boy close to Logan's age that way they could grow together. We were able to find a little boy who is 1 year older than Logan. His name is Siphamandla (Siph for short) and his birthday is March 27, 2000. He is from Swaziland, Africa. After we filled out all our information, we started reading his biography and it stated that he loved animals (which Logan does too) and he loves to play soccer!! I took that as a sign that this is what God wanted us to do!

Logan is so happy to have a brother and he thinks it is awesome (his words) that he lives in Swaziland!! Logan hopes to visit him one day...I think that would be amazing! Logan can't wait for us to get our package with all his info in it, so he can begin writing to him!

I am looking forward to including things from Siph in my future blogs. I think this is an amazing opportunity for Logan. Hopefully one day they will meet...if not in Africa then in Heaven!

WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY, SIPHAMANDLA!! We are already loving you and praying for you daily!

~Flag of Swaziland~

4 comments:

Diane Teague said...

We adopted a girl Claire's age from Tanzania. Her name is Joneth. I just love her sweet little face. I hope one day we can meet Joneth

Kim said...

When we went to the Casting Crowns concert in March we too decided as a family to sponsor a child. I think it is wonderful! I am planning to do a blog on it soon.

KyleAmandaLogan said...

It is a wonderful feeling!! I love looking at his face everytime I enter the kitchen!! I can't wait for Logan to get some letters!

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.