Monday, April 26, 2010

Our Daisy Duke....you are missed!

I hate bad news and I hate to be the giver of it. I had to be the bearer of bad news to my family. Our dog, Daisy died sometime during the night Friday. We have had her almost 5 years and she was a part of the family. She was an outside dog but such a sweet dog. I woke up Sat morning and looked outside the kitchen window and it looked like she was asleep so I knocked on the window...she normally pops right up, but she did nothing. So I knocked louder, still nothing. So I opened the back door and called her name, nothing. I had Kyle to go outside and check. I then had to give the horrible news to Logan. He was so upset. He just laid there and cried and cried. I cried too but it didn't really hit me until I had to help Kyle put her in the truck. Kyle carried her down to his Grandpa's pond to bury her there. She was just too big to be buried at our house. She was a great dog, so sweet and lovable and she will truly be missed!! I am still finding myself looking for her each morning outside the kitchen window. I always looked for her when I was backing out of the garage. I found myself doing that today and then I lost it! We sure miss our Daisy girl!

2 comments:

Diane Teague said...

Aren't dogs just the best friends. Never judge you, never complain to you, never be critical and always always love you no matter what you do. They are just the best friends. Our dog of 14 years died several years ago and it is hard. You never forget the pain. I hope Logan can get another dog soon.

Kim said...

I know your pain! Praying for your family!