Friday, April 23, 2010

Can I just say...ImPrEsSeD!!!

This spring, Logan has been playing soccer at school. He is playing on the Blue Jets which have players in grades 1st-3rd. He is doing very well and his team play great together. The team is undefeated and they really do deserve that..they are playing their little hearts out. For some reason though the past several weeks there has been complaints given and this team has been told that they need to "hold back" and "keep the score down". To me, that is very unfair. I pay the fee to play just like every other parent but yet people can complain about a winning streak and now that team is told not to play to their ability. I was always told to play hard and give all you've got! So these kids are now being told something completely different. I can't see us telling any player for Union Grove to hold back as they are winning a basketball (etc) game! But oh well, we are going with the flow. Logan understands that it isn't his coach's fault and she is only doing what she's been asked!

Well, yesterday afternoon I received a call wanting to know if I was okay with Logan playing soccer with the older kids yesterday!! NO, I don't mind...that's awesome, I said! Keep in mind, these are 4th-6th graders which compared to Logan is GIANTS!! Logan was the shortest, littlest one out there but he did awesome!! Luckily, I have a great boss who at the last minute let me off of work. Kyle too, has a great boss so he was able to use a vacation hour and be there! I am sooo glad I was there! Logan was awesome (if I can say so)!! He was put onto the Red Rockets which does have several of his friends on there. The team had won 1, tied 1 and lost 3...they were playing against Black Knights which are undefeated! Logan didn't care...he was just so excited to play! The game was so intense, they RUN and they KICK that ball HARD! But it didn't stop him, he was a go-getter! He honestly could have ran in between their legs without ducking...he was so small compared to them!
The game was so close the entire time and then it happened....LOGAN SCORED!! Those boys on the red team were all bumping chests because the score was now within 1! Then the Knights had several chances but our goalie was awesome! Then it happened again......LOGAN SCORED AGAIN!! The game is now tied 5-5! Several more awesome saves by our goalie and then there was a hand ball on the Black team! Isaiah takes the shot and scores...6-5 (Red)! Down the field Black goes....Smacks that ball into the hands of the goalie.................GAME OVER!!! Red Rockets win and knocks the undefeated team out :)! Way to go Rockets!! I was one proud Mama...watching all those big boys carry Logan around the field...throwing him from person to person...It was awesome!! He was so little, he was being carried around like a toy but he loved it!! He has now been placed on 2 soccer teams for Spring Soccer!! So on Tuesdays...Go Blue Jets and on Thursdays...Go Red Rockets!!

I believe I am truly owning the "Soccer Mom" title....Soccer game Tuesday, soccer practice Tuesday night, Soccer game Thursday, soccer practice Thursday night, Soccer game Saturdays!! ~Whew...I'm tired, but so proud and impressed~

1 comment: