Friday, April 23, 2010

Weekends....My favorite word!

I used to find it depressing to stay home on the weekends but now I look so forward to it. Not only because I am with my 2 favorite people but because we are so addicted to games!! We had already planned to go out Friday night and pick up some things at Walmart. So Friday night I planned a very nice, romantic dinner for just Kyle and I. Have any of you ever heard of the Bleu Restaurant in Winston? We pass it alot when we take the back roads home from Winston. Kyle has always wanted to try it because it looks "cool". I will never understand why we beg to eat at a place because it looks cool. He doesn't care what the menu holds, he just wants to go! So, I planned a dinner there for Friday night. I must admit, there was many things on the menu for me...I am extremely picky! They only take reservations so I booked them online (1st for that), but it worked :).

I kept it a secret from him and he was very surprised!! The food was delish and it was well worth the anticipation...it was very "cool!" If you have never tried it, it's a must. I got a 12oz Sirloin with a salad and asparagus and it was yum yum! Kyle got a Pot Roast (1st time the chef made it) and he loved it. All this yummy food for only $32, which in my eyes isn't expensive when you get that quality of food and atmosphere!


So, on Saturday night we planned on staying at home and eating the Chicken plates that we had ordered from a co-worker's church. We look so forward to these plates every year! Saturday afternoon while we are driving to get the plates, I looked at Kyle and said "Can we go back to Wal-Mart and buy Scrabble?" He jumped right on that and we headed to Wal-Mart for Scrabble! We hurried home to play it that night. We didn't play 1 game, we played many games!! Yes, he beat me because he makes up fake animal names! My next Wal-Mart purchase will be a dictionary!


4 comments:

Pam said...

We got into Scrabble when we went through a typhoon in Guam. We had no power for a month, so we played Scrabble! Haven't played it in a while, though.

We don't own a dictionary anymore, since there are plenty of online dictionaries. Keep your computer (or phone if it has internet) handy when you are playing Scrabble, and just do a Google search when you think Kyle is making up a word! Of course, if you are trying to go sans technology, go with a hard copy of the dictionary. :)

KyleAmandaLogan said...

Yeah, I've used my phone several times!! It comes in handy too!! We should all play sometime! Unless you use big, uncommon words alot :)

Kim said...

I love to play games! We will have to try this restaurant.

KyleAmandaLogan said...

Kim, you will love it!!! Great place!! Call for reservations or you can do it through their website.

We need a game night!!