Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Where do I begin?

I have so much catching up to do. I hope that everyone had a very nice Christmas. We sure did. I also hope that everyone has had a great start to the new year. HAPPY 2009! Wow, I had thought of so much that I needed to write and now that I am sitting down, I am at a loss for words. We had a great christmas. Very busy but it was a wonderful time together.

The guys goofing off at Kyle's Mom's:


Us with Kyle's mom:



In this time away, I also turned another year older. You know how you always have people asking you, "So do you feel any older?" Well I can actually say, YES, I do. I know...Many of you are saying "You don't even know what old is!" Well you are right but man, I am grouchier and more tired than I was 2 weeks ago. Turning 26 took a toll on me!! Or maybe it was the holidays....I don't know but I can tell a difference. I was able to celebrate my birthday with my mom, dad, Logan, Kyle and my 2 very best friends, Magnum and Ashley. It was different this year because my sister and family was in Canada for the holidays, but we celebrated with them last night.

We rang in 2009 by starting the night off at church. What a wonderful service we had. Four of the young guys in church had 10 minutes to preach/teach a lesson. Boy, they were good. Then we came home and played the wii until 11:30 and then watched the ball drop and then off to bed!! No more late nights for this old girl!! Logan bought me the best game ever for my birthday. He bought me the Price Is Right game for the Wii. Very addicting!

Also, in this time period...I found out that my best friend all through school is having a baby boy in April, our friends Magnum and Ashley are expecting too, and my other friend, Holly is having a baby too!! WOW!! Kyle and I were also asked to become Godparents. That was the most important thing someone could ever ask us. We of course said yes and we are so grateful to have been asked to become the Godparents of our niece Sarah. What an honor. Kyle's sister and brother-in-law said that they wanted us to raise her if anything happened. They weren't worried about leaving her with us and that they knew she would be brought up in a christian home and would be taught the Love of Jesus. We were so honored to hear that. We have worked hard to build a christian household and are so happy that others now see that. So we are now Godparents to a wonderful, six year old little girl, Sarah:



Well I think that I have included most of everything that has gone on since my last blog. Oh yes, Logan has had no more bad reports from school, brought home his report card yesterday, All A's and 1 C (still working on Phonics). I'm so very proud of him!! Please keep us in your prayers as we are battling with some other issues.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, on your side bar you have "special people in my life" and THE CAT MADE THE LIST? Where am I?
Again, it's your sister, still can't remember my stupid password.

Anonymous said...

maybe this is it....i'm trying another password, we'll see if it works!

Nope nothing will work, anonymous again.

Diane Teague said...

You always have such a great time. I enjoy your blog and all your antics. By the way Happy Belated Birthday Wishes. Oh my you really are old!!!! I will say no more. Love ya!

Kim said...

Glad to see you back blogging! I am praying for you.

Angie Tullock said...

Great Blog Amanda. I will be praying for you. Happy Belated Birthday!

Kimberly said...

Hello Stranger :-)

Like I have room to talk. I haven't written anything since Jan 1st! Sorry you are having a difficult time right now. Praying for you!

Sharon said...

I know you both will be great godparents, and as I can see she is already being trained right (GO Heels!) I hope you wouldn't do anything to steer her down the wrong path :0).