Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Boy Oh Boy....

I could scream!! Ever feel that way?? Oh my, Logan has truly pushed my buttons the past couple of days. He has gotten EXTREMELY sloppy with his handwriting and he is forgetting alot of things. Well, he was already in trouble this morning for being very smart mouth to me and Kyle so he had already pushed too many buttons. Well, I drop him off at school and I no more get started on my already stressful day and my email dings...I have an email from Miss Wright. I look at the clock and I see that it is only 8:20, thinking to myself and praying that he isn't in trouble I open the email. It reads:
Dear Mrs. Phelps,
Logan has left his spelling book at home the last two nights. Please make sure he brings it back tomorrow.
He needs to write or finish his sentences and do pages 36-37 tonight.
There is no need for you to leave work and bring it.

~Okay, so not as bad as I thought, or is it? Well, I decided to just make sure that he finishes it all tonight and make sure he puts his book back in his bookbag. So, when Kyle called me around 4:30 I told him to make sure Logan did those pages and that he finished his sentences.
I am thinking all along that the sentences where something to do with his spelling words. Boy, was I wrong. He had to write 15 sentences stating that "I will remember to bring my spelling book back to school." The thing that gets me is he had to write 10 yesterday because he didn't bring it, then today she told him to write 5 more times but because they were so messy and so unreadable he has to write them 15 more times!! So I get to spend my relaxing night standing over him making sure they are numbered correctly and that they are readable. He has to write one sentence, bring it to me, if it is readable, move to the next one! He has been doing this for 45 mins and we are only on number 3!! I've never seen so much erasing!! I don't know if the sloppy writing is because he is a boy or if it's because he doesn't care or laziness!! I don't know but after the stressful day I had a work, I so didn't need this!!! You would think after writing 10 sentences one day, you would remember your book. Let's see if he remembers after 15 sentences!
Kyle and I have a bet. We aren't going to remind him to put the book in his bookbag. We are going to see if it is still laying on his desk in the morning. If it is...I will get it and take it to her in the morning and then Logan will have to write 20 of my sentences...And they won't be so easy!!

Okay, on a funnier note...
The Tooth Fairy did come last night and she did have money so no IOU's (mom)! The only reason she had money was because she ordered Dusina's last night and luckily the delivery guy had change for a $5 (Thanks Josh!). Okay, so Logan puts himself to bed every night so we reminded him to put the tooth under there so just in case she comes she would be able to find it. Well, Mr Tooth Fairy went in there last night (Mr goes in before Mrs just to make sure the kids are asleep) well Mr couldn't find the tooth but Mrs decided to leave the money anyways. Well, this morning when Logan woke up, he starts getting dressed for school (He's very excited because of Spirit week) anyways, he forgets to look under his pillow. Well I remind him so he goes in there to look and he was very excited to find $2. But he came out calling her a "SUCKER" because he got to keep the tooth. He said he didn't put it under there because he wanted to see if she would still leave him money!! Man, I wish she would have known that because I guarantee you, there wouldn't have been any money under there this morning!!!

As I mentioned Spirit Week is this week. So far we have had fun picking out his clothes. I wish I would have taken pictures every morning but I'm doing good just to get us there on time! Monday was PJ day, and he won the best pj's in his class. Today was Dynamatic Duo day. He was Batman and his cousin, Trey was Robin. Tomorrow is Tacky/Wacky Day, Thursday is "I wanna be...Day" (he's going as a Team USA Soccer player-because that is what he is going to be when he grows up), and Friday is Red, White, Blue Day. The kids sure are having fun this week.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Parents' stories like that make me so anxious to have a baby (not!). Girl, with all of the excitement of Spirit Week at school, no wonder he is crazy. My kiddos at school are always nuts when the littlest thing happens. It snowed for 5 minutes one day last week and they were just done. Nothing was learned the rest of that day. So, don't worry too much. Let's hope it gets better tomorrow. :)

KyleAmandaLogan said...

Thanks!! I hope so...

Diane Teague said...

The joys of parenthood. I sure hope he remembered his book. He is too cute to be in trouble.

Heather said...

This post is hilarious. i can't see Logan being like this:) I don't think its completely a male thing, seeing I was the same way in school. I look back on me and think it was because I could care less. School was not on my top priority list.
I love how he is trying to outsmart Mr and Mrs Tooth fairy!

Kim said...

I kinda dread the days of homework. Hope today is better for you all!

Angie Tullock said...

It definitely is not just a "boy thing." I'm sure Miss Wright would be happy to fill you in on her days with Rachael. I went back to school more times than I could count until I wised up and let her take her punishments. Your a good mom.