Friday, January 9, 2009

My Dad....My Hero...

As many of you know, my dad is a Detention Officer at the Davidson County Jail. Well, yesterday as my dad was working, a fellow officer was attacked. She was taking an inmate to the nurse's station when the inmate knocked her against the wall and began beating her. Luckily, she was able to defend herself somewhat as she waited for help. My dad was on his way there, he was able to taser the inmate and stop the attack. Officer Yelton was rushed to the hospital and was kept there for several hours while they were running test. Praise the Lord that the inmate didn't cause any more harm to Officer Yelton, didn't hurt my father and didn't escape. I am thankful that my dad was able to react as quickly as he did. I have enclosed the address to the article in The Dispatch. And it was also in the Greensboro Paper. (I know this isn't a very clear picture of dad)



My dad has always been a hero to me and now he is to someone else. Praise the Lord that no one was seriously hurt!!

www.the-dispatch.com/article/20090109/ARTICLES/901090297

5 comments:

Kim said...

I am glad to know your Dad and the other officer are alright. I know they have a tough job and put their lives on the line everyday. I also know your Dad has a burden for the souls of the inmates he comes in contact with.

Pam said...

Thanks for sharing that story about your Dad. He IS a hero! I have been praying for you at your job, but one thing you can be thankful for is that you don't have his job!

Kimberly said...

Wow...I didn't know that about your dad. Glad he and the other officer were ok!

Angie Tullock said...

Tell your dad that I'm glad he was there for a fellow officer. I did it for 5 years and I know first hand how hard it can be. I pray for your dad and all officers that willingly put their lives on the line each day for ours.

Diane Teague said...

Our thanks to God for keeping your dad safe and no serious injuries to the other officer. I just knew your dad was that kind of guy. Thanks Jimmy for this heroic incident and thank you for your witness.