Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sir Hiss is his name

The other day as I was dusting Logan's room, I caught something moving out of the corner of my eye. So I looked over to his dresser and I let out the deadliest scream ever! During this scream, Logan comes running up the hallway and I can hear him laughing and saying (to his dad), "I think she saw my new pet!" There was an aquarium on top of his dresser and it was the home of his "new pet"... A SNAKE!!

Logan looked at me with those big, innocent Brown eyes and said, "He is my new pet. Sir Hiss is his name. And Nana and Papa let me bring him home!" All I could mumble was..."Thanks Nana!!" I honestly HATE snakes! They give me the creeps! I don't care if it is little/big, poisonous/non-poisonous, black/green...I don't like them!

Bella (our cat) loves to knock things off from where they belong. So I asked Kyle if that aquarium could easily be knocked off by Bella and he just grinned and said "I doubt it (then he laughed)." Also, the lid doesn't fasten tightly enough on there, so if she knocks it off, out will come Sir Hiss!! I told them both that if that snake got out...They would be there to find it!! Logan told me that if he were to bite me, it would be just a little sting (as he is pinching me to demonstrate) and that I wouldn't die!! Words from a 9 year old can be so reassuring sometimes (LOL)!!

Oh the joys of Motherhood...Especially to a boy....and to a boy that his Nana would give him anything!!

~Nana and Papa are away on vacation and I am watching over their cat....Wouldn't a great welcome home gift be Sir Hiss?!?

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm picturing Kyle laughing and grinning...thats so not like him at all;o)

KyleAmandaLogan said...

I know!! It was funny (afterwards)!