Thursday, February 5, 2009

The title of my blog says it all....



Moments + Family + Memories = Blessed beyond belief.



I love my son more than words or actions could ever express. On Wednesday, February 4th, I chose to take a vacation day. It snowed the night before and I called off not because I couldn't make it into work but because I wanted a day of peace and a day to enjoy my son. My son is almost 8 and he is growing up so fast. I've come to realize and understand that God may not give us another child so I need to spend every possible time with the one that He has given us. I know that I was probably talked about at work or I figured I would catch some grief today but that was a price I was willing to take. As I look at it, they are my vacation days and I can use them however I please. I've never called in just to be off. It was a choice that I am so happy that I made.

There wasn't a lot of snow and it sure didn't pack very well but it was enough to have fun in. We got all suited up and headed outside, just the 2 of us. I tried to snap some pictures but it was rather hard to do because I was trying to dodge snowballs. Like I said, it didn't pack very well so he had to stand very close to me to hit me. We had so much fun!! Logan made snow angels, loved going down the slide, chased me around the house. We were pushing each other down in the yard...Just acting like kids! He tried to swing on his swing...And believe it or not, it broke!! I told him it was because he was fat...He died laughing at that! So don't try to swing on a swing after it's been frozen!!

I just had a wonderful, peaceful day making memories with the one that I love!! I am so thankful to God for giving him to me. I know that I wasn't worthy to be his mother but I know how blessed I am! I am living every day to it's fullest...camera in hand! Thank you Lord for my blessings!

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Looks like a fun time! You actually got 3 or 4 times the snow we got. Ours was gone by 7pm!

Diane Teague said...

What a sweet post. Yes they are moments to cherish. Logan is growing too fast. I love his sweet smile. Get all the hugs you can while you can.

Heather said...

Glad you had fun. You should never feel guilty for taking your vacations as you want. I hope they didn't give you grief. My boys went down the slide too(at 7:15 am). I had to watch from the porch as to hear Olivia too. I wish there were 3 of me on days like that:)

Angie Tullock said...

Looks like you made some really good memories. I went home early but my child was sick in bed so we did not play in the snow. Wish we would get a really "BIG" Snow.

Anonymous said...

Sweet post Amanda... and yes they grow so fast you will be shocked at how the time goes by so quickly. Our children and truly a blessing from the Lord. Enjoy the time you have with him. He is such a sweet kid. Love Sharon (Grammie)

Anonymous said...

You are such a sweet and loving mom to Logan. I hope your work did not give you a hard time for taking a vacation day. We all need a break sometimes from the normal day to day routine. Sometimes we just need to be with the ones we love and make memories. Keep being the sweet and caring person that you always have been!!