Sunday, February 8, 2009

Never leave your partner behind.....


Yesterday was an awesome day. The Lord blessed us with great weather (70 degrees in Feb) and it just turned out to be a wonderful day. We started out the day by going to lunch at Longhorn. Kyle's mother's birthday was on Thursday and the family decided to take her out to eat and she wanted to go bowling. So we all met at the restaurant for lunch. After a long time at the restaurant and several mistakes on the bill, we finally got out and headed to Creekside Lanes. I had reserved two lanes, one with bumpers for the kids and then one for the adults. Thank goodness they put us in the lane beside the tv...DUKE was playing!! The 3 grandkids and Grandma Donna bowled on the one with bumpers. Logan doesn't need the bumpers, he is actually really good (must be from the wii). Logan ended up beating everyone on that lane. I only bowled one game...I was to busy watching the Duke game to pay attention. Even though I was putting all my attention to the Duke game, I was still able to beat Kyle!!! That was all that mattered to me!! Kyle bowled in the second game and his ending score was still lower than mine....So I am the winner!! Oh yeah...Duke won too!

Later that night we headed to the showing of Fireproof that our church presented at North Davidson High School. We had already seen the movie but couldn't pass up the chance to watch it again. The demand for the movie was so overwhelming that Union Grove had to show it twice. I find that amazing. The 3:00 showing was full but the 6:00 was packed, no entry without a ticket!! I know that the Lord was glorified and that lives were touched and marriages were saved last night.

Kyle's sister, Amanda had offered to keep Logan for us. So Logan went home with them after we left the bowling alley. Logan had a great time playing over there. When we got there to pick him up, we got suckered into playing Phase 10. Phase 10 is our favorite game!! So we stayed and played. It was a great ending to a great day!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Glad you had a great family weekend. I love your song too, I had never heard it before but it is very powerful.

Angie Tullock said...

Great Saturdays followed by wonderful worship on Sunday completes my week in the Lord! I love Family Time!