Saturday, February 21, 2009

Something I swore I would never do....

...Would be to attend a Carolina Themed Party. But the bad thing is...I helped throw the party!! Today, my best friend of 20 years had a baby shower!! I am so happy for her and so blessed to have her in my life. I can't wait for little Clayton Thomas Lowe to come into this world. He is going to be so spoiled and so loved!!! Michelle (another good friend from school) and Joy's 2 sisters and I got together to throw her a party. It went very well. She got some much stuff...and a lot of it was Tarheels *YUCK*!

JOY AND THE UNC TABLE

AMANDA, JOY, MICHELLE

UNC TABLE
UNC PASTA

I love this girl so much. She is my very best friend, the girl who know EVERYTHING about me, and the girl that makes me laugh and smile no matter what. She has been there for me since 1st grade...She's had my back so many times (not talking about fights, but talking about bailing me out of Spelling tests)! I couldn't imagine my life with out her. When I got pregnant, she never judged me and never turned her back on me. Same with her parents...they are as "real" as it gets! In fact, she throw me a baby shower at her house and then we had a sleepover....Oh the fun we had!! Although she played a horrible game at my shower and I wasn't allowed to play it at hers...The guessing of the string around the belly!! I think her string was
5' long!!!
ME, DAD & JOY-2ND GRADE

Anyway, I had a wonderful day with my very best friend!! I love you, Joy!! And Clayton, I love you already!! *Joy you will always be my PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY, PINNAPPLE, CHOCOLATE MILK, CHEETOS, OATMEAL COOKIE, CAROLINA LOVIN' FRIEND!!!!!!
JOY AND I ON TWIN DAY


CRAZY HAT DAY


PHASE 10 CHAMPIONS



6 comments:

Heather said...

I eat my words alot. For a friend this good, I would have done it too. Love the pictures.I like pictures in posts to know who/what I'm reading about.

Kimberly said...

What we won't do for our friends! Even if it means using our "rival" team....

What a fun party. Looks like the mother to be got lots of good stuff! I'm sure she is very thankful for you as well!

Andrea said...

GO HEELS!!! I sooo wanna make some Carolina Pasta!!!!

I love the name she has chosen...it's really pretty, even though it's a boy, boys can have pretty names : )

Diane Teague said...

Go Heels!

Are you really a closet Heels fan. It is okay to admit it.

Love the shower decorations. You did a great job. I can just see you decorating wishing she was a Duke fan so you could bring out all your Duke paraphernalia.

Angie Tullock said...

As you were decorating with all that Carolina Blue Tarheel paraphernalia, I bet you were thinking, "It's time to have a yard sale and get rid of my Duke stuff." GO HEELS! Tell your friend she has most excellent taste!

Kim said...

What a sweet and unique shower idea! I know you made your friend feel very special.