Thursday, February 12, 2009

God's Love, Man's Love

As Valentine's Day is approaching I can't help but think about love. This day is set aside each year for love. I use this day as a reminder of the greatest love and the greatest gift anyone can receive. Many people only think about this gift and this great love at Christmas time but why not at this holiday? If it wasn't for God's love, I wouldn't be here and I sure wouldn't know where my future lies. So my one true valentine is Jesus my Lord.

My other sweet valentine is my very best friend, Kyle Phelps!! He stole my heart 6 1/2 years ago and I find myself each day falling more and more in love with him. I am still falling head over heels in love with him. And I know that I couldn't have this love for him if I hadn't learned the true meaning of love. My God did not only teach me love but He showed me love and He introduced love to me. Even though I made a mistake 8 years ago, He forgave me and then created a pathway for Kyle and I to meet. I am so thankful that the Lord had a marvelous plan and in that plan was the meeting of Amanda Koonts and Kyle Phelps. I am one lucky girl!

My Little Valentine is none other than my baby boy...Oops, my big boy!! Without Logan, I honestly can say I would be lost. I grew up so much when I found out I was going to be a mommy. My life changed that year...but it changed for the better. I remember Valentine's Day 2001, when I thought that no one loved me because I sinned, but then my daddy took me out on a date and the whole time we were gone, Logan was kicking in my belly. At that moment I felt loved, needed and forgiven. And I knew that everything would be okay.


So this is why I chose to reflect on God's love...not Man's love. Because if it wasn't for my Heavenly Father, there wouldn't be any love in this world. God loved me, forgave me, loved me again and blessed me with a WONDERFUL family.
I am one LUCKY girl!!! I have four wonderful men in my life...My Lord, My Dad, My Husband, My Son....THANK YOU LORD!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I love this blog. :) It is wonderfully written! Isn't is wonderful to have such a loving and caring God!? :) Thanks for the thoughts.

Kim said...

One of the sweetest posts I have ever read, it touched my heart. Thank you for sharing.

Sharon said...

What a wonderful perspective on Valentine's day. You are blessed to have Logan and Kyle, but Kyle and Logan are blessed to have you too!

Heather said...

This is such a sweet post,and a tear-jerker at that. You have got some great men in your life , for sure!

Angie Tullock said...

This is such a sweet post. God is so good-all the time. All the time-God is so good!

Anonymous said...

It is truly wonderful how our Heavenly Father can free us from our sin and put us on a new path. You are truly blessed to have such wonderful people in your life. Your blog made me cry and I am so thankful for the love of God in my own life . John 3:16 Love Sharon (Grammie)