Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hard Lesson To Learn

Thank goodness the election is over, but I must say that the outcome is not what I hoped for. I've been in prayer for several months now, just praying that the Lord's Will to be done. I spent most of my night last night and most of the day today bitter and mad at the outcome of the election. Asking myself so many questions. But in the last hour I have come to realize that God's Will has been done. No, I don't understand the whys or how comes but He knows. I've prayed, we all have prayed, that the Lord will deliver who He sees fit. Last nights election didn't surprise our God. He was in full control.
Yes, I am still trying to figure out why Obama was voted in as President and why so many American's believed his promises, but I honestly don't think we, as christians, will ever know. My God Is Mighty and My God Is Still In Control. He doesn't just see the "nows", He sees the "future". I can say that I don't have much respect for Obama and I sure don't believe his promises or ways but I am a firm believer in my Saviour and I know that He will never give us more than we can handle.
To God Be The Glory, Great Things He Has Done!! And Great Things He Is Going To Do!! I give all my worries over to Him. It is now in His hands. We all just need to be in prayer for President Bush (as he finishes), President-Elect Obama, VP Biden, all Congress and Senate.

I am so thankful that God has changed my attitude today because this morning I was very, very bitter. And that's just not healthy.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thank you for your post, my sentiment exactly. Many today are focusing on the outcome as if God is not in control. We as Christians need to pray for our leaders even if we disagree with them. We can choose to respect the position even if we don't maybe respect the person.

Andrea said...

I was extremely bitter myself yesterday (if you couldn't tell by our emails!). I just could not and still can not understand why that man will be our President for the next four years. But it's like you said God is in control and we just need to pray for him and his decisions that he chooses to make for our country.