Thursday, November 13, 2008

Catching up to do

I've got some catching up to do. Sorry I haven't written in a while but I've been fighting some kind of nasty cold. All I want to do in the evening is sleep.

First, I want to send my love and prayers out to the Sizemore Family. I am so sorry for your loss but grateful that we know he is in Heaven. I know it was very unexpected but it was in the Lord's hands. My thoughts, love and prayers are with you.

Well, Logan has made in 2 weeks without getting in trouble!!! I know, I'm amazed too! He didn't get to pick out his reward until this past Monday. After work on Monday, Kyle and I picked up Emma and we took Emma and Logan out for the evening. Emma's birthday was back in October and she is now at the age where she's out of toys so she's rather hard to buy for. She loves to go shopping and she loves clothes...I know, what girl doesn't?! So we told Emma for her birthday we would take her shopping and we would buy her 1 outfit. The girls know how to work me...All they have to say is, "Sissy can I have this too?" and they know they will get it. So I had to take Kyle with me (he's the one that puts his foot down, LOL). Anyway, we never could get a time that we could go. So this past Monday was perfect. I picked her up and the 4 of us headed off to Chick-fil-a. Being mistake!! They were having some kind of special night and there were like 500 shoeless kids running around....enough to get my blood pressure rising! Anyway, we got done eating and they played for alittle while and then we headed to the mall. After hitting SEVERAL stores we left the mall with only 1 outfit. She picked out a beautiful gray skirt in The Children's Place (it twirls...She loves ones that twirl) and a white shirt to go with it from JCPenny's. We also visisted Old Navy, but they had nothing she wanted. She spent her money in Build A Bear. Logan picked out his surprised from Game Stop. He got a Soccer Game for his DS.

Also, some of you many know that I had went to the doctor several weeks ago because I had a rash that had came up on my neck and wouldn't go away. The doctor believes it to be one of the 1st signs of sugar diabetes. He told me not to be worried about it unless someone in my family had diabetes. Well, at the time no one did, but a couple days later my dad found out that he has diabetes. So they had me come in for come blood work this past Monday. Got the call today that everything came back normal!! YAY! But please keep my dad in your prayers as he is trying to figure everything out and develop a new way of living.

Once again, I am praying for the Mack Sizemore Family....May the Lord give you strength.

2 comments:

Angie Tullock said...

Amanda, we are so thankful that you do not have diabetes. We will be praying for your dad.

Kim said...

I am so glad your tests came back good.
Glad you had a great time on your shopping excursion. Sounds like fun.