Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Snow Covered Grave....

Yesterday was an incredibly hard day for me. I had to watch my friend of 11 years be put to rest. Although, she isn't technically "resting" because she's in Heaven and I am sure she is making someone laugh! She had that way about her...she had a very contagious smile and laugh. She is going to be missed but at least I know for sure, that I will see her again!

No one could have asked for a prettier day. It was a blanket of white snow, so beautiful. And trust me, I am sick and tired of snow but for some reason yesterday, it was beautiful. Jessica liked the snow, so it meant alot to me to watch it snow. When I parked to go inside to the funeral, it was snowing but it was little flakes but when we came out, it was hammering it down....BEAUTIFUL, BIG FLURRIES! I snapped a picture as we were in the line, waiting to move. The ground isn't covered yet but it sure was covered at the grave site. We had to drive a ways to get there and it had snowed alot more in that area. Before, the Preachers spoke one final time about Jess, there was a man there that played "Amazing Grace" on the Bag Pipes. Watching the snow fall, listening to the music and singing the song in my head...What a great way to remember Jessica!!



Jessica impacted so many lives. I saw cars from all over, from AL, GA, SC, NC, CT, OH, NY and my friend from NB Canada!! Tell me she didn't have an awesome heart...She was loved by so many! She was a wonderful mother, wife, daughter, sister and friend but most of all...WITNESS! Her desire was to bring people to Salvation. Shouldn't that be all of ours, as Christians? Her death has brought many thoughts to my mind, but one of those is...Exactly how much am I willing to do to bring someone to Salvation? Am I the example that I need to be? Does my family and friends know that I love them? Does the way I live my life show others where my eternity will be spent? Her death just showed me, that no one and I mean no one is promised their next breath!

The pastor said that after they received the call about Jess' death, a few hours later their phone rang. It was a young mother on the other end and she was sobbing uncontrollably. Pastor asked her if she had heard about Jessica and she said yes. She said that she had a baby herself and that she needed to get her life right and make sure she didn't miss Heaven. She rededicated her life to the Lord over the phone. The family of Jessica said, "Despite her death, having another mother assured her eternity in Heaven has made this tough journey alittle easier." ~And the thought, "Lose one to save many" came to my mind!~

Please remember to pray for this precious family. The grief is so unreal to them right now. He went from being a married father to a single father in the blink of an eye. He has 2 precious babies that aren't at the age to understand everything. Abigail was crying for her Mommy yesterday...Pray for strength for that whole family.

~Jessica Boozer Breedlove was (and still is) a dear friend to me! I love and miss you!

4 comments:

Diane Teague said...

I know this must have been hard to go through but God has a plan. I want you to know what I have noticed about you. If you are a friend or family memember of Amanda Phelp's you have a true friend who will love you and be very passionate about you. You are a true blessing to me and I am so glad God brought you to Union Grove so I could get to know you and your family. I have prayed for this family and I know that God will use this Homegoing to bring many to Himself. Thank you for sharing your friend with us and thank you for being the person you are.

KyleAmandaLogan said...

Thank you so much for the kind words. I try to love people, the way I want to be loved. God gave me a big heart and compassion for others, I try my best to use that gift. Thank you for noticing! I am so thankful we were moved to UG too, God has blessed us so much! Please continue to pray.

Kim said...

I am so glad you were able to go to this service. I am still praying for her family and friends such as you.

Angie Tullock said...

We have been praying for Jessica's family and are praying for you. What a special tribute to her and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to read about a wonderful Christian mother, wife, and friend