Thursday, March 4, 2010

"ME" time....

I just love "me" time. I don't get this often enough but spring and summer months are my favorite and I take advantage of this time for myself. I love when the weather gets warmer and I can just go outside on my porch after supper in the evenings. I was so thankful that our builder decided to put a roof on our deck and we were smart enough to install a fan! I love sitting in my rocking chairs, fan going on low, thin blanket on my legs and a good book in my hands! So peaceful! Although I normally have to sneak outside because either Daisy (our dog) will spot me and bark until I acknowledge her or my guys will see me and want to then come outside and play! Kyle despises reading so he doesn't appreciate my "down time", he doesn't see how it's relaxing! Well, honestly I can't see how watching Ghost Hunters or Smallville is relaxing! But the saying goes...Too each their own!

I also enjoy tanning. I know that there are so many risk involved with tanning AND I have heard them all BUT I still enjoy it! I look so forward to my lunch break now. I enjoy that 15 minutes of quietness....
I pop my Ipod in my ears and just drift off to sleep. I love the tanning bed!!

Pedicures are another down fall of mine! Although these don't happen that much but when they do, I LOVE that hour of pampering! I am very ticklish on my feet but I find a way to get over it for this!

Another, "ME" time that I enjoy is fishing! Well, I don't actually fish but I do go down to the pier and watch my boys fish! I love to pack us a lunch, pack me a book and just spend the day in the quietness of the pond! Well, it's quiet until the cows join us in the pond...that is their bathtub :). You will catch me fishing if I don't have a good book to read but I can promise you one thing, I WILL NOT do my own hook nor will I take the nasty thing off! But, whether I have a book or a pole in my hand...as long as I have my boys beside me, my life can't get any better.

~I just enjoy being "ME"~

2 comments:

Diane Teague said...

I got so relaxed reading about that back porch. Sounds like the place to be. Isn't it nice to just drown yourself in a good book and just relax? I love it.

Angie Tullock said...

Our screen porch is my favorite part of the house. It's my alone time place with God! Looking forward to spring and the porch!