Monday, March 1, 2010

Be Aggressive....

Be Aggressive....B E A G G R E S S I V E!! This is what was going through my head this weekend. Saturday I joined my family at the ballgames....I LOVE watching sports and basketball and soccer are my weakness! This game was for Emma. This is her first year playing basketball and I must say...I am one proud Aunt!

I would give anything to see her win but just to see her forcing turn-overs and scoring a basket makes me very proud. Several games has been pitiful because the refs make it that way but Saturday's game had much better calls. And those girls really came out and played some ball!

Sunday was their tournament game. WOW, what a game! I was saying that little cheer through my head the whole time...BE AGGRESSIVE! And boy, were they?! They forced so many turn-overs that it had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. No one scored in the 1st half but after half-time, Emma scored the 1st real basket (there was 1 foul shot made before)!! Emma played great in that tournament. The other team was ahead by 2 with 10 secs left. Our girls were bringing it down, got it to 1/2 court and called a time-out. During that time-out they came up with a play...A good play at that! Anyways, they got the ball to where it was supposed to be and they scored and tied the game! The forced the game into overtime!! The other team scored 1 more basket in ot and our girls didn't, but it was a great game and I am one proud Aunt.

WAY TO GO EMMA!!

No comments: