Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One Day Down



Well, today is a good day. For the past several weeks we have had problems with Logan not paying attention in school. I had a Parent/Teacher Conference with Miss Wright and she informed me that he isn't doing this stuff for attention but just for the fact that he has a hard time in Phonics. He tells us that he will never use Phonics...Trying to explain to him that you will use it everyday of your life. But he's seven and his parents are never right. Many can agree.

Well, the other week he got in trouble for spitting on his arm during class. This causes a huge problem because a) his grades are sliding in Phonics and b) he sits on the front row, dead center of the chalkboard, so all eyes are on him. The other week he made him write an apology letter to Miss Wright and then right sentences. He assured us that he wouldn't do it again. I also told Miss Wright that she had my permission to send him straight to Mr. Keller or she could call me and I would be right there to stop the problem. Well, 3 days (yes 3 days) later, I received 2 calls at works because someone was spitting again. I was there in 5 minutes. Well, we punished and prayed that this would be over. We also borrowed some nice Hot Sauce from Nana for his tongue if the problem occurred again. During all this, he has had a problem with lying several times before finally coming clean. We told him that he would get the hot sauce for spitting or lying again. We were assured it would NEVER happen again!

Four days later, Kyle was informed that Logan couldn't participate in recess today because he lied to Miss Wright. Although, this time he didn't spit but he stole a girl's shoe and then hid it from her!! So last night, he received 2 (small) drops on the tongue. HE PROMISED TO NEVER LIE AGAIN!! Maybe the hot sauce worked....

I had my fingers crossed all day and when Kyle picked Logan up, it was a good report. So maybe we are on the road to improvement!

1 comment:

Heather said...

WE use hot sauce too for lying. It works! I have to be creative sometimes with discipline in order to keep from spanking all day!